Manager Technical Product Design
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Manager Technical Product Design – MHP & Advanced Technology Mechanical Systems.
This position is responsible for the management of direct report engineers as well as other personnel to support the design, reliability and cost of MHP & Advanced Technology mechanical components.
- Coordinates the workflow within the group developing action plans and schedules in support of enterprise goals for new products and field support.
- Supervises design efforts to assure that design processes, six sigma tools, and lessons learned are utilized.
- Leads the development of technical excellence and improved component reliability through the creation of the Design Knowledge Management environment.
- Leads in reducing component costs by driving the integration of Mechanical Components with Manufacturing, Purchasing, and suppliers. Clearly communicates the Corporate and Engineering goals to his/her reports.
- Develops group and associate goals in alignment with Corporate and Engineering goals.
- Develops his/her reports through stretch assignments and honest feedback.
- Acts with management to implement team strategies and meet customer objectives within the broader engineering organization.
- Has responsibility, authority, and latitude in decision making.
- Responsible for technical, financial, organizational, and personnel issues.
- Interacts directly with customers and senior management, developing technical and process objectives for the Mechanical Components Department, Engineering and Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- Minimum 10 years experience in mechanical analysis.
- Due to Export/ITAR requirement, candidate must be a US Citizen or lawful permanent resident of the US.
- Leadership experience preferred
- Exhibit strong leadership skills.
- Broad technical understanding of mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with Engines and Auxiliary Power Unit products.
- Action oriented, high energy, able to seize opportunities when they arise.
- Highly motivated and capable of influencing technical decisions.
- Strong team building, coaching and communication skills to lead and motivate team in achieving team and individual goals.
- Highly motivated, with demonstrated leadership, program management, and communication skills and an ability to influence technical decisions.
- Green belt and/or DFSS certified preferred.
- MS or advanced degree is desirable.