Vice-President R&D and Marketing
The firm develops,produces and markets a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and
related systems and services.
The company has a high performance work culture and record of superior business performance guided by a
strategy of geographic expansion, new product innovation and operational excellence. This has enabled the
company to achieve record earnings for three consecutive years while continuing to strengthen and build upon
the core foundation established over the past six years to create a high-performing company. During this period, the client
has lowered working capital by forty-percent and have been able to sustain this level for the past three years.
Reports to: Sr. Vice President & Managing Director Paper PCC
The Vice President Research, Process, Product and Business Development, is responsible for the strategic development, introduction and deployment of all new products, applications and systems for growing the Paper global business via leadership of R&D (Synthesis and Applications), Business Development, and Marketing.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Vice President RPPBD is responsible for:
- Developing a worldwide product strategies of all products, applications and systems that supports Paper’s strategic vision. Explore the potential for products, applications and systems to be developed, acquired and transferred across geographies and across businesses.
- Identifying and evaluating assets and business development opportunities in particular industries and geographies.
- Oversight of the global Research & Development and Business Development organizations, worldwide. This includes organizational development projects, and workforce planning, development and deployment.
- Developing of the Paper’s Growth Initiatives.
- Acting as a member of Paper’s Management Team, representing worldwide and new business development activity.
- Participates on Technology Lead Team (TLT) to provide guidance regarding new product, process, and technology pursuits
Knowledge: A Bachelor’s degree in preferably Business Management, plus an MBA/PhD. Ten years experience in business development, preferably on a worldwide basis. Prior general management or product line management experience with P&L responsibility, preferably on a worldwide basis is a plus.
General: Will travel as needed, across the world.
Internal: Management Committee members, and all levels and functions in Paper SBU
External: Paper SBU’s customers, vendors, and suppliers.
- a) Lead in all aspects of the R&D/Marketing side of the business with stated goals of improving new product development and sales
The successful candidate will be an energetic, independent, and resourceful person with a proven track record of success with an industrial organization. S/he will have the skills to lead a research/application organazation(as well contribute to Corporate Development. S/he is a strong communicator who can interact with internal and external customers to obtain relevant feedback and then act upon it, allowing business growth and development of a high margin mix to achieve sales goals. S/he will also be an individual that is comfortable/excels working in a highly accountable organization. S/he will need to excel in a highly visible role.
The client has a competitive compensation package that includes short term and long term incentive.