Technical Services Manager , Environmental Products
Submit all resumes in word format (yournameresume.doc) email@example.com
This is an opportunity with a market and technology leading company that provides products and services to the following markets
- Soil Remediation
- Sediment capping
- Relining of canals, golf course ponds, etc
- Rebuilding earthworks, dams, landfills
The company has a high performance work culture and record of superior business performance guided by a strategy of geographic expansion, new product innovation and operational excellence. This has enabled the company to achieve record earnings for three consecutive years while continuing to strengthen and build upon
the core foundation established over the past six years to create a high-performing company. During this period, the company has lowered working capital by forty-percent and has been able to sustain this level for the past three years.
The Company’s stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange
The successful candidate will be a knowledgeable civil or environmental engineer with a focus on soil remediation and environmental products He/she will be a strong communicator that can interact with internal and external customers. He/she will be comfortable dealing with customers and also making recommendations to R & D for next generation products.
Education and Experience Requirements
Education: Master’s Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering
PHD is a plus
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of geotechnical analysis and remediation technologies. Or possible a Post Doc
Must be a US citizen or Green card holder (we will not sponsor for employment)
Ability to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally
An understanding of geotechnical analysis and remediation technologies
Strong interpersonal skills to deal with internal and external customers
Ability to direct and work with R&D on new product offerings
Bethlehem, PA or a commutable distance
Relocation assistance will be provided if needed)
DOE plus incentive
Incentive will be based on the following criteria
- Individual performance
- Business performance
- Obtain GCL samples for project compatibility testing, coordinate testing with the company laboratory, evaluate results, and present findings in writing to client/sales manager.
- Develop and implement GCL mechanical properties (shear strength, peel strength, seam bond) testing programs using the company laboratory and third-party commercial laboratories.
- Work w/ universities on research efforts related to the GCL mechanical performance of existing and prototype products to expand product use in new applications (e.g., mining and CCP).
- Interpret and present GCL test data and design information in written “tech references” and in presentations such as symposiums, consultant presentations, and internal meetings.
- Qualify alternate raw materials for GCL products.
- Conduct quality audits, resolve discrepancies and problems, and verify corrective action relating to product quality and conformance issues.
- Answer incoming technical inquiries to support the Help Desk.
- Work closely with the North America technical sales managers (TSMs) and international EPG representatives on difficult technical inquiries.
- Participate in “brownbag” presentations with TSMs.
- Present at GCLU and Remediation U one-day short courses.
- Review specifications and prepare clarification letters to be submitted with quotes and submittals.
- Review orders for special properties/test frequencies to support the EPG Help Desk.
- Prepare out-of-plant test forms, follow-up with outside laboratories, and manage test results.
- Develop SWOT analysis of GCL competitor products.
- Assess GCL product development needs and initiate new product development, testing and marketplace rollout.
- Oversee Liquid Boot Support Engineer performing following tasks:
- Organization and updating Liquid Boot product line technical documents and website.
- Qualify Liquid Boot product line suppliers and manage supplier agreements.
- Manage certified applicator and inspector training programs for Liquid Boot product lines.
- Manage contacting and educating state and federal regulatory agencies throughout North America on vapor intrusion and Liquid Boot.
- Maintain government registrations and certifications of Liquid Boot product lines.
- Assess Liquid Boot product development needs, including: formulation modifications to reduce cost, improve performance, and expand international manufacturing capability; modernize application equipment; and SWOT analysis of competitor products.
Submit all resumes in word format (yournameresume.doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org