Our client is a technology leader that is growing with significant increases in sales/net income and profitability. Their growth is fueled by higher production output across key manufacturing sites and a favorable supply and demand environment.
Logistics Analyst – Freight Payment and Railroad Operations
- Manage the resolution of all freight payment exceptions between providers, PMT facilities, SAP process and business financial groups. Coordinate archiving of all paper invoices across all modes.
- Manage the recordkeeping, auditing and disposition of all rail transport equipment taxes and mileage equalization processes.
- Collaborate with Accounts payable, Logistics and Procurement teams to continually improve Freight Processes
- Assist on logistics daily operations and drive special logistics projects as needed.
- Responsibility for administration of Rail Distribution Requirements Planning Program, including sourcing of data from rail car tracking system and railroads, leverage model to analyze fleet statistics, draw conclusions and make recommendations based on results
- Work with site rail operations personnel to monitor and control rail car lease and maintenance expenses.
- System car forecasting and ordering – coordinate with Sales and Supply Chain teams to develop and input system cars forecasts and secure railcar capacity
- Continually improve rail freight shipping processes
- Bachelor’s degree or HS Diploma with 7+ years of experience in logistics and/or supply chain
- 3+ years of experience in logistics and/or supply chain or Bachelor’s degree specific to supply chain and/or Logistics in lieu of experience
- 1+ years experience dissecting and analyzing data to drive results utilizing MS Excel functions to include Pivot Tables and v-Lookup’s
- Bachelor’s or masters degree in Supply Chain and/or Logistics
- 5+ years of experience
- Rail Freight experience